Quick and easy to apply. Installs in seconds on any dry, clean, smooth surface. Just remove the protective liner from the underside to expose the special pressure-sensitive adhesive, then apply in the proper position and roll or press in place.
Each piece has a heavy coating of pressure-sensitive adhesive especially formulated for a superior bond to practically any clean, dry, smooth surface.
Flex-Tred® Anti-Slip Safety Tape provides:
- Anti-slip from any direction, wet or dry, cuts risks of slips or falls
- Resistant to solvents
- Indoor and outdoor applications
- Flexible: Flex-Tred® bends over sharp 90 angles without fracture. Repeated bending without cracking or failure of bond.
- Application: Substrate temperature must be above 50°F.
- Temperature Limits: Applied Flex-Tred® has a useful temperature range of -40°F to 220°F. However, limited exposure to temperatures above 220°F will not harm Flex-Tred®.
- Steam Cleaning: Applied Flex-Tred® will tolerate steam cleaning.
- Detergent Cleaning: Applied Flex-Tred® will tolerate detergent cleaning.
- Environmental Resistance: Flex-Tred® is essentially unaffected by climactic exposure and mild acid or alkali exposure under normal conditions.
- Shelf Life: Flex-Tred® shelf life is two years minimum.
- Resistance: Motor Oil – Detergent – Hydraulic Oil – UV Resistance
- Peel Adhesion: MIL-D-17951E(SH): Adhesive strength 0.75 lbs. (minimum) MIL-W-5044C: Adhesion lb./in. Width Type IV – 3 lbs. (minimum)
Flex-Tred® Coefficient of Friction
Flex-Tred® Improves Coefficient of Friction of Most Surfaces in Wet or Dry Use
Coefficient of friction tests run per specification Mil-D-17951E (ships) using rubber test vehicle. Higher numbers indicate better coefficient of friction.
COMPARISON OF VARIOUS SURFACES: STATIC COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION
|Flat Black Coarse||1.33||1.21|
|Flat Black Fine||1.37||1.17|
Flex-Tred meets or exceeds specifications for: Mil-D-17951E(ships); Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 302; Walkway Matting, Non-slip Mil-W-5044C, Type IV; ADA, ASTM, and OSHA.