|Specify abrasive castings for:
- Maximum Durability in Rough Use
- Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Resistance to Unusually Corrosive Environments
- Anti-Slip Safety Properties
- Ready to Install Convenience
- New Construction or Existing Buildings
Specifications / Fasteners
Leed(Alumogrit®) / Leed(Ferrogrit®)
||Guidelines for the installation of metal safety treads or nosings into new concrete or steel pan-filled stairs:
- The use of very large aggregate in the concrete mix may make placement of the safety nosing difficult.
- Safety nosing placement may be difficult in concrete with very low slump
- Place the concrete into the stair forms or steel pans as quickly as possible; schedule pours so as to install the metal safety nosings quickly, before the “initial set” of the concrete occurs.
- Puddle the concrete, tamp the safety nosings to insure proper concrete formation around the anchors.
- Remove protective tape as soon as practical
- Close stairway after pour; permit no use for 24 hours